Cold weather makes room for cozy things like hot cocoa and fuzzy socks but let’s not forget it makes room for uncomfy stuff too like dry skin! As temperatures drop, our skin begins to get dryer than usual due to a decrease in humidity levels. Our skin is less dry in the summer months due to the increase in humidity that provides our skin with hydration. The only thing that should be in flakes this time of year is the snow!
I usually have normal to dry skin but once the cold weather hits my skin becomes a bit dryer. I decided to share my favorite winter skin care essentials with you to help you stay extra hydrated during these chilly months. I also included a night serum recipe!
1)Caudalie Vinosource Intense Moisture Rescue Cream : I have been using Caudalie products for about two years now and I absolutely love their entire product line. This is my favorite winter morning moisturizer! It’s suitable for all skin types (normal, oily, combo and dry.) I am very cautious of what products I use on my face because I am super sensitive. Luckily, this product is recommended for sensitive skin types!
I apply it every morning after washing my face and allow my skin to absorb it before I put on any makeup. It restores your skin allowing it to feel smooth, soft, hydrated and smelling LOVELY AF! But the best thing about it is what’s in it. It contains grape seed oil, which helps reduce dark spots and helps treat acne.
2) Rosehip Seed Oil: I’m obsessed with rose hip seed oil! It has such amazing benefits. The fatty acids along with vitamin A & C help reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles as well as prevent future fine lines and wrinkles. This oil also helps restore elasticity that tends to decrease with age. Basically, that’s the firmness and tightness of your skin. No one wants a droopy face. The fatty acids that are present in rosehip seed oil also treat acne and eczema and scars, and even out your skin tone if you have dark spots, dark under eyes.
I use rosehip seed oil in a few different ways. Sometimes if I want a little extra hydration, I just massage about two drops all around my face and neck. Sometimes I’ll use it as a primer because it brighten skin and tightens up pores. Sometimes I’ll mix it with some other goodies to create a night serum like the one I talk about below. Just remember a little of this stuff goes a long way.
3) Lavender Essential Oil– The answer to all of my problems- LITERALLY! It not only helps treat acne and eczema but it detoxes your skin and has many relaxing properties. Lavender oil is used in aromatherapy to help treat insomnia, depression and anxiety. Sometimes the cold weather can leave us feeling a little blue. Avoid it by incorporating lavender oil in your skin care routine.
The lavender oil in the photo was a part of a essential oil gift set I got from my friend Lulu from Lulu Says What but the link for the one above is just as great !
Super Hydrating Anti-Aging Night Serum Recipe
Creating a serum consist of three parts. Part one is carrier oil, which serves as a base and helps deliver the nutrients to the skin. Part two is an oil extract. Part three is an essential oil.
This night serum is not only extra hydrating but has many anti-aging properties and can positivity affect your mood. Just mix the below ingredients and apply this serum every night before bed. I guarantee you will wake up super hydrated while looking younger and feeling happier!
• 1 oz. of coconut oil (Carrier Oil)
• 1 Teaspoon of rosehip seed oil (Oil Extract)
• 8 drops of Lavender oil (Essential Oil)