**This post includes a DIY recipe that helps whiten teeth & remove blackheads**
It’s been a while since I posted a beauty/skincare DIY. I know it’s long overdue! I decided to create a really fun 2-in-1 beauty hack recipe and share it below! I uploaded a short video tutorial on my IG account.
Baking soda is a miracle worker in the beauty world. It’s one of my favorite beauty aids because of the endless amount of ways it could be used.
SAY GOODBYE TO CREST WHITENING STRIPS & BIORE STRIPS!
My top two favorite ways to incorporate baking soda in my beauty routine is as a teeth whitener and as a blackhead removal.
I usually get my teeth whitened when I get a dental cleaning but I also drink a copious amount of coffee (my IG bio says coffee connoisseur for a reason!) I also enjoy wine which apparently stains your teeth as well. So, that dental whitening doesn’t do much for me. I got my teeth whitened at a salon once before and it was great but way to pricey to do religiously.
Luckily, I really don’t suffer from acne but I do get blackheads on my nose and sometimes on my chin. I know…. gross and annoying! But you know what they say…..when life gives you baking soda and lemons, you make my recipe! Okay, they don’t say that.
Long story short, if you have a date, an interview or just want to feel yourself for the day, this recipe is the way to go. You can use the same exact recipe mixture to cure both! How convenient is that?
Baking Soda DIY Recipe:
Things you’ll need:
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cotton balls or Q-tips
Directions for teeth whitening:
- Add baking soda into a cup or bowl and add lemon juice. Don’t worry the mixture will begin to get foamy and sizzle. It’s a natural chemical reaction.
- Stir the mixture until well combined. It should look like a thick paste.
- Using a cotton ball or q-tip, scrub your teeth with the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Spit excess mixture and rinse with water. (Be cautious not to swallow because I can asure you that it tasty nasty AF!)
- ENJOY your pearly whites & don’t forget to SMILE.
Directions for blackhead removal:
- Apply mixture to any blackhead populated areas. (I usually only apply to my nose because that’s where I get the most but once in a while I’ll apply to my chin as well)
- Allow the pasty mixture to harden. It usually takes me about 15 minutes. Once you feel like a statue- you’re good to go!
- Peel off the mixture and washing your face.
How consistent should I be?
When your using this mask on your teeth, you must be super careful. Lemon wears away the layer of enamel from your teeth. I’m not a dentist but I know that enamel protects your teeth and is important to dental health. It’s entirely up to you how often you would want to apply it to your teeth. I usually do this about once a month but once every week, I add a little baking soda to my toothpaste when I brush. It doesn’t work as great as it does with the lemon but it still makes a difference.
When applying the mask to your blackhead problem areas, you can go wild! You can do it as often when needed. My skin is different every week. Some weeks this mask is a must and other weeks I don’t need it. It really all depends for me.
What other ways can I use baking soda as a beauty aid?
- Treat sunburn
- Treat minimal acne
- Makeup sponge & brush cleaner
- Hair detox
- Dry shampoo alternative
- & SO MUCH MORE!
Let me know if you guys are interested in me experimenting with baking soda in any of the ways mentioned above. I love trying things out and I don’t mind doing it so you all don’t have to! Check out my IG account of a short video tutorial of me using this exact mask!
Don’t be shy & drop a line!
P.S.- Check out my IG for the video tutorial to this recipe!